Character creation guidelines
- All characters start at Level 1.
- Stats: You may use point system or array as specified in PHB. You may also roll for stats (4d6/drop lowest) seven times, dropping lowest; please wait until character creation day to roll. I will decide whether or not you get to reroll based on what stats I see.
- Races: You may use all races in PHB1, PHB2, Drow (Forgotten Realms), and Ratlings. For backstory purposes, the following races are native to the Drakalor Chain (note you cannot play a race listed here not in PHB1/PHB2/Forgotten Realms, but you can use them in backstory):
- Troll (goliath)
- High Elf (eladrin)
- Grey Elf (elf)
- Dark Elf (drow)
- Hurthling (halfling)
- Drakeling (dragonborn – all drakelings in this setting have acid breath, but you may choose a different breath if you are non-native)
- Classes and Feats: Choose any in PHB1, PHB2, and Forgotten Realms. You may use additional powers and abilities in Martial Power, Adventurer’s Vault, and Arcane Power if so you wish. This means alchemy is available, as are familiars.
- Religion and Alignment: Choose any deity you wish, following core rule guidelines for divine sourced characters. Choose an alignment at start of game; you can use the 9-alignment system from 3.x or the 5-alignment system from 4th, but there must be some sense of lawful/neutral/chaotic.
- Backstory: Backstory is optional, but may be used in the course of the game. Assume Ancardia is a ‘points of light’ style setting, so if you are not native to the Drakalor Chain, you are free to make places that suit your needs. If you wish to be considered a native, you can talk to me for appropriate places and backgrounds.
- Stuff: Choose one non-magical non-masterwork set of armor and one non-magical non-masterwork weapon/implement/holy symbol. You will also have one standard adventurer’s kit, one blank ritual/spell book if you have the Ritual Caster feat, and 200 gold pieces to use at your discretion.